Home Sweet Home

Man, it feels great to be back on solid ground!

It's finally over. The never-ending days, the meals that never quite hit the spot, the sleep that was always over too soon, the stress that just wouldn't stop, the six-month stress test that I thought I would never make it through--it's all over. I can't express how I felt on the 8th, when I stepped onto the pier and saw Karen for the first time. Imagine how your body feels after a killer workout--that feeling of everything relaxing--and multiply that by 100. I think I actually grew three inches after taking all that load off my shoulders.

Long story short, it's good to be home, off the boat, back with Karen. I have been home for a week now and I haven't done anything. It's been wonderful. Actually, a little less than wonderful because I came down with a 104° fever the day we pulled in, but I'd rather be sick in port than healthy underway.

The cruise book is essentially done. All the pictures are taken, with the exception of a few people on leave. To be honest, I realize now that when I agreed to do the cruise book I may have bitten off more than I could chew. It's been a gigantic hassle. You wouldn't believe how many of my crew--some guys I've known for years--told me they wouldn't have their picture taken. Flat out no. I have one more CD to deliver--shots from the day we pulled in--but other than that and some final layout touches, it's finished. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I shot about 3600 pictures throughout the deployment, all in all. It's been very easy to organize and edit them with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, although now I'm transitioning away from the laptop loaned to me by the boat. I've decided to keep my photography on portable storage now, using the Maxtor One Touch III 160GB external hard drive. My plan now is to start pushing my 'regular' photography--the art I was working on prior to deployment--and work on making some decent sales this year.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.